Sterkspruit veterinary clinic provides quality veterinary care to all of its animal patients both at the clinic premises and on farms. This veterinary service covers Lydenburg and the surrounding towns of Dullstroom, Belfast, Burgersfort, Steelpoort, Pilgrims Rest, Machadodorp and Waterval Boven.
Dr. Huchzermeyer has extensive experience gained consulting on large dairies in Saudi Arabia, including Al Safi dairy that at the time was in the Guiness Book of Records as the world's largest integrated dairy farm milking 18 000 cows per day. Sterkspruit Veterinary Clinic provides a regular herd health service to dairy and beef clients.
The veterinary consulting service provided by Sterkspruit Veterinary Clinic extends to neighbouring countries particularly in the field of fish disease and aquaculture consultation.
Our multi-species practice provides a premium service to the pet owning community as well as to commercial livestock farmers. Our comprehensive small animal service encompasses a modern well equipped hospital and operating theater as well as comprehensive diagnostic equipment including radiology and ultrasound. On a herd basis our large animal service covers all services relating to live stock health and production. Our vets will consult on clinical, reproductive and production related matters to assist you in optimizing livestock production on your farm. This service is essential to help ensure the economic success of your farming operation. Some of our vets also consult for large farms abroad. Individual large animals, including horses, are generally treated on an ambulatory basis at the farm or stables where they are kept. Our fish veterinary service encompasses all aspects of aquaculture including disease diagnosis, disease surveillance, treatment and export certification, particularly for the koi, trout and crocodile industries.
- Consultation for sick animals
- Soft tissue and orthopaedic surgery
- In-house laboratory
- Farm and stable visits for ambulatory call outs
- All hours emergency service, 7 days per week
- Dairy herd health and production consultation
- Beef herd health and production consultation
- Cattle oestrus synchronisation
- Sheep flock health and production consultation
- Bird general veterinary consultation
- Fish disease and aquaculture consultation
- Fish export certification
- Koi quarantine and disease surveillance
- Fish histopathology
- Crocodile consultation
- Wildlife general veterinary consultation
- Raptor orthopaedics and general rehabilitation
- Community Veterinary Clinic programme